I have a feeling there's a new Obama bumper sticker on the way..
This rang heavy in my ears as I was driving home from work listening to Obama address his Health Care Reform policy, as I imagine it did for many who were also tuned in to NPR. I'm not going to delve into that barrel of goodies, but I will ask: why are so many.. so fearful of change? This applies to innumerous elements of life. Perhaps it's presumptuous of me to think it would be easy to understand - and appreciate - our futures are what they become because of the decisions and changes that take place in our lives; and therefore, we anxiously and eagerly anticipate [if not manipulate] our present in order to construct our future. Change is a pre-requisite for future. No?
Are we really that boring to settle for something comfortable and consistent, no matter how negatively/stagnantly it may impact us? Like a pair of worn out running shoes [or, in my case, Pia Wallen slippers].
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment