Nov 18, 2009

"Time heals what reason cannot" - Seneca the Younger

I hit the plateau.. face first.. slow and steady.

I suppose it's easy to appreciate this in hindsight, but really, yielding to that dark place is so utterly cathartic.  What a terrible disservice to our Psyche to disallow such a natural + raw human emotion.  I think experiencing such lows enables us to truly appreciate life.  It provides amazing perspective and brings our senses to a level of awareness rarely experienced.  Or perhaps this reigns true only to those who invite and welcome introspection and are fueled by personal growths [milestonic or not].

A friend of mine recently said to me, 'God doesn't give you more than you can handle.'  I had to remind him that the God he most likely is referring to isn't someone I personally spend much time thinking about, but thanks for the words of encouragement.  I also said that if this was the case, then I wish I wasn't as strong as I am.  I only partially meant it.

1 comment:

  1. A friend once told me that the universe doesn't give you more than you can handle. I wouldn't worry about the God part. Although I have my own issues with the statement.

    ReplyDelete