I have been seriously debating whether I wanted to blog my current adventure, b'c I value my privacy in exuberant amounts. But as my life-altering journey has progressed, one amazing day at a time, it occurred to me that stories like this were meant to be shared b'c of it's slightly unique nature. As well as be suspended in time, so I may nostalgically reference it in future years. This is a bit new to me, and while I pride myself in being fairly well-educated in the IT realm, please try to be easy on the criticism(s).
As most of you may know, I'm adopted. Nothing all that special or unique there, but there it is. While there is not a single part of my childhood/life I would remotely change, I'll be honest and say my mind was frequented with questions. Nothing major, and nothing dramatic.. just very basic/standard questions adopted kids may typically have [ie. From whom did I get my features? Do I look more like my bio mom or dad? Do I have bio siblings? What's my family health history? From where does my personality come? etc-etc]. I'm told my 'sensibility' in regards to my situation is somewhat uncommon, but I can only speak for mysef and this is my perspective.
I've been thinking about making 'the trip' back to my homeland for many years. But it never seemed to be a good time. Finally, I realized life simply doesn't support a 'right time' for adventures such as this, and I needed to stop thinking so much and just do it. Which brings me to November 26, 2009. The day I left to embark on a long-awaited journey that undoubtedly will change my life forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment