Another laid back day dedicated to Christmas shopping for the kids! It's really difficult getting in the Christmas spirit when it's 90degrees outside, but I'm doing my best. It's also really funny to hear our typical Christmas songs being played everywhere, singing about a 'white Christmas' and 'dashing through the snow' when you know the majority of the population has never even seen or felt snow! Do they even know what the songs are about?? Curious.
Marlys, Sandy, and I braved the mall to get as much Christmas shopping done as possible. We made out fairly well by the end. It was a long day at the mall though ((soy vey)). I was exposed to the Filipino version of a Food Court.. way cooler than America's version, though the quality is the same, I'm sure [a food court is a food court, right?]. Regardless, being an avid food lover, it all tasted delicious to me!
Grilled whole squid [the only way to eat it..]
Our version of kabobs is what Filipinos call BBQ [and boy do they love their BBQ!]
Every vendor had a smorgasbord of eats [fried, fresh, soups, noodles, greens, meat, fish, seafood, lumpias, unidentifieds].. even I was overwhelmed with the options
On our drive home from a hard day's work of shopping Marlys, Sandy and I had a wonderful chat in the car about life and where it's taken me, and my personal journey as an adopted child, and the journeys of other CSC children. Many would still argue that there are some real parallels to many adopted childrens' lives and the struggles we go through as we develop & evolve, and figure out where we fit in in this world. Marlys and Sandy have shared that many families struggle with the complexities surrounding adopted children, and it worries me.
I had time to take a quick nap and freshen up before it was time to head over to Sandy's place. Tammy and Michelle were slaving away in the kitchen getting dinner prepared - a little taste of home via Sloppy Joes! It was yummy.
Michelle totally made me do this [she just had to get as much CSC logo in one shot w/me as possible]
I still can't believe I'm even here..




No comments:
Post a Comment